Job and careers at Smeg
Why work for Smeg UK?
Smeg UK is a diverse and vibrant company with the UK head office based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. There are also two logistics hubs in Portsmouth and most recently, Coventry. As a well-established Italian, family owned business, Smeg prides itself on quality of life and culture. The company fully supports a healthy and happy lifestyle, encouraging staff to feel good in both their roles and personal lives.
Please submit your CV via the form at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, should you wish to speculatively submit your CV to be held securely on file, please fill in the form and select speculative application.
To maintain and expand relationships with large, multi-location customers. Assigned to agreed named customers, the National Accounts Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
The National Accounts Manager is responsible for:
- To sell and promote the full range of Smeg products within the designated National Accounts sector.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by Smeg senior management team.
- Working closely with customer(s) Buyers and Marketing personnel to formulate short, medium and long term business plans.
- To work towards specific targets for each product group and closely monitor progress against monthly/quarterly and annual targets.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- To actively contribute as a member of the wider sales management team working within the Sales and marketing policy.
- Understand and maintain industry awareness watching competitors and the products they are offering. This information shall be reported back to Smeg to assist in maintaining a high level of competitor/market intelligence.
- Carry out presentations to promote new products and special incentives.• Preparation and presentation of product training sessions.
- Attending conferences and seminars as required by your customer(s) and or manager.
- To maintain a professional image conducive to the culture and ethos of the Smeg brand.
- Any other sales orientated duties as requested by your manager.
Normal working hours:
Monday – Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm or 9.00 am to 5.30 pm*
- *In this role the hours are flexible and will include out of hours working including occasional overnight stops and often early starts. You will be expected to attend retailer events as determined by the customer and your manager.
- Pension contribution from employer 5% of salary.
- Income protection scheme.
- Death in service 4 x salary.
- Staff discount on the purchase of Smeg products.
- Company car – Grade Audi A4, BMW 3 series, C Class Mercedes etc.
- Phone, Laptop and or I-Pad.