Smeg has received a number of important prizes and awards over the years from leading institutions and international magazines as a result of its deep understanding of aesthetics and the quality of its appliances.
- Modena Domestics Competition: In 2007 Smeg won the Modena Domestics Competition for its HQ, named one of the most innovative sites in Italy thanks to its intelligent consumption management and it being an example of sustainable development policies in action.
- Dedalo and Minosse International Prize: in 2008, Smeg won this competition, organised by an Italian association of professional architects, ALA - Assoarchitetti, for the architectural design of company HQ.
- Wallpaper Design Award: In 2009, the oven and hob from the Newson range received the Best Domestic Appliance award from the illustrious international magazine.
- Smeg's CVB20 freezer picked up a Which? "Best Buy" in 2011 and again in 2012. There has also been success with Which? Best Buy Awards in Recent years, with the TR4110 110cm Victoria oven winning the award in 2013 and the TR93 90cm Victoria oven 2014. Most recently, the TSF02 toaster gained Which? Best Buy status in 2015.
- Good Design Awards: Each year the Chicago Athenaeum Museum (museum of Architecture and Design) and the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies give prestigious “Good Design Awards” to products that are recognised for their design excellence – products that can enrich society and people’s lives through its design:
- 2010 award for the Marc Newson designed oven and gas hob
- 2012 award for the PVB750-2E “concept” gas hob
- 2013 award for the SFP140 Linea aesthetic oven and for the SMEG500 refrigerator, result of a collaboration between Smeg and Fiat.
- 2014 award for the TSF01 Toaster and the SMF01 Stand Mixer. The TR93 90cm Victoria was also awarded the prize.
- 2015 award for the Victoria TR4110 cooker and the 60cm oven, the kettle concept and the blender, and the LInea 45cm oven
- 2016 award for the the 45cm wine coolers, the sommelier drawer, the 60cm oven, the laminar flame hob with artistic grids and the mixed 90cm hob, all from the new Dolce Stil Novo range
- 2014 saw a fantastic performance by Smeg at the Designer Kitchens and Bathroom Awards, picking up the award for Innovation in Design for the DOSP38X Classic Double Pyrolytic Oven, as well as Innovation in Technology for the DF4SS-1 Swing Wash Dishwasher.
There were many other accolades that Smeg picked up in 2014, including:
- Euronics’ Awards 2014 – Supporter of the Independents.
- The Innovative Retailing Awards 2014 – Best Advertising Campaign for Small Domestic Appliances: Smeg Christmas Advert.
- EMRA Awards 2014 – Leading Design in Cooking: SFP140 Linea Pyrolytic Oven.
- Innovative Electrical Retailing Award 2014 – Technical Innovation Award: Smeg
In February 2013 Smeg was proud to receive a coveted Which? "Best Buy" award for its new TR4110 range cooker.
In October 2013 Smeg scooped House Beautiful’s silver award for its innovative new touch controlled SFP140 Linea Oven. In the same year, Smeg was also awarded in the Best White Goods Category.
Smeg South Africa - Business Enterprise of the Year 2013: The First National Bank and the Italian-South African Chamber of Trade and Industries awarded a prestigious prize to Smeg South African subsidiary as recognition of entrepreneurial excellence.