Job and careers in Smeg
Why work for Smeg UK?
Smeg UK is a diverse and vibrant company with the UK head office based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. There are also two logistics hubs in Portsmouth and most recently, Coventry. As a well-established Italian, family owned business, Smeg prides itself on quality of life and culture. The company fully supports a healthy and happy lifestyle, encouraging staff to feel good in both their roles and personal lives.
Please submit your CV via the form at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, should you wish to speculatively submit your CV to be held securely on file, please fill in the form and select speculative application.
As the Facilities Coordinator you will be responsible for overseeing all facilities related activities, ensuring minimal disruption to the business and ensuring the welfare of personnel, contractors and customers.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for:
- Liaison between outsourced contractors and staff.
- Sourcing quotes prior to work being authorised and carried out.
- Planning the work to minimise the risk of unforeseen issues.
- Ensuring works are delivered in line with health and safety policy guidelines.
- Contacting and arranging maintenance/repair of services as required.
- Periodically review the effectiveness of contractors reporting any issues or ideas for improvement to your line manager.
- Arranging routine and breakdown maintenance.
- Manage cleaning contract and services within the building.
- Ownership of small project management.
- Ensure that you maintain a professional image conducive to the culture and ethos of the Smeg brand.
- Any other maintenance or building related duties as requested by your manager.
- Full time, permanent position. Normal working hours: Monday – Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm or 9.00 am to 5.30 pm**Very occasionally you may be required to open/close the building to allow contractors onsite. This will be agreed with notice.
- Benefits: Pension contribution from employer 5% of salary.
- Income protection scheme – up to 75% of salary paid if you are out of the business on a long term basis following accident or illness on successful claims.
- Death in service - 4 x salary to dependants.
- Childcare vouchers with additional contribution from Smeg for first child up to 5 years old.
- Subsidised gym membership or wellbeing support.
- Staff discount on the purchase of Smeg products.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Skills and competencies
- Experience of working within a similar facilities role.
- Knowledge of health, safety and welfare regulations.
- Organised with an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Good communicator
- Understanding and interest of DIY, electrics, plumbing etc.
- Excellent administration and I.T. skills.
- Able to schedule work effectively whilst communicating with the wider business in the first instance.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Minimum or 5 GSCES at grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Driving License.
Why work for Smeg UK?
Smeg UK is a diverse and vibrant company with the UK head office based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. There are also two logistics hubs in Portsmouth and most recently, Coventry. We will be opening a retail store in a prime London location in the summer of 2016, and a purpose built show room and cookery theatre is also scheduled for our offices in Abingdon.
As a well-established Italian, family owned business, Smeg prides itself on quality of life and culture. The company fully supports a healthy and happy lifestyle, encouraging staff to feel good in both their roles and personal lives.
To highlight specific new business opportunities and prepare a business development plan targeting new customers and increased distribution of Smeg commercial products.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for:
- To constantly monitor progress against monthly/phase/annual sales target, so as to be aware of progress against objectives.
To maintain regular personal contact with all designated customers ensuring comprehensive servicing of accounts.
To continually strive to maximise every opportunity for achieving increased sales and distribution with designated customers.To work towards specific targets, sterling/product/product group.
To work closely with customers’ buying and marketing personnel to formulate short medium and long term business plans.
To monitor customers marketing policies and strategies so as to be aware of the implications on Smeg UK Ltd.
To maintain relationships with all customers in such a way as to enhance the Smeg brand and the company’s status and position
To collect and transmit information regarding competitor or market activity to relevant Smeg UK Ltd staff to assist in maintaining a high level of competitor/ market intelligence.
Preparation and presentation of product training sessions.To adhere to systems and processes of administration to agreed time scales.
To maintain awareness of industry and product related issues.Attending events, conferences and seminars as required by your customer(s) and or manager.
To maintain a professional image conducive to the culture and ethos of the Smeg brand.Any other sales orientated duties as requested by your manager.
Key Skills and competencies:
Organisation and planning
Good communication skillsMotivational
Problem solving & Negotiation
Specialist knowledge in the commercial business sector
Overall business and marketing awareness
Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint & Outlook).
Minimum 3 GCSE’s Grade C or above including maths and English.
Driving license (maximum 6 points).
Normal working hours: Monday – Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm or 9.00 am to 5.30 pm**In this role the hours are flexible and will include out of hours working including occasional overnight stops and often early starts. You will be expected to attend customer events as determined by the customer and your Director.
Pension contribution from employer 5% of salary.
Income protection scheme.
Death in service 4 x salary.
Subsidised gym membership.
Staff discount on the purchase of Smeg products.
Company car, phone, Laptop and or I-Pad.