Job and careers in Smeg
Why work for Smeg UK?
Smeg UK is a diverse and vibrant company with the UK head office based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. There are also two logistics hubs in Portsmouth and most recently, Coventry. As a well-established Italian, family owned business, Smeg prides itself on quality of life and culture. The company fully supports a healthy and happy lifestyle, encouraging staff to feel good in both their roles and personal lives.
Please submit your CV via the form at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, should you wish to speculatively submit your CV to be held securely on file, please fill in the form and select speculative application.
To highlight specific new business opportunities and prepare a business development plan targeting new customers and increased distribution of Smeg medical products in the U.K.
The Medical Channel Manager is responsible for:
- Prospect, qualify and close and process Smeg Instrument Division business within the U.K. market, for the Laboratory, Hospital and dental sectors.
- To constantly monitor progress against monthly/phase/annual sales target, so as to be aware of progress against objectives.
- To maintain regular personal contact with all designated customers, identifying customer needs and ensuring comprehensive servicing of accounts.
- To continually strive to maximise every opportunity for achieving increased sales and distribution with designated customers.
- To work towards specific targets, sterling/product/product group.To maintain relationships with all customers in such a way as to enhance the Smeg brand and the company’s status and position
- Analyse market conditions by collecting and sharing information regarding competitor or market activity to relevant stake holders, to assist in maintaining a high level of competitor/ market intelligence.
- Preparation and presentation of product training sessions as required.To adhere to systems and processes of administration to agreed time scales.
- Attending events, conferences and seminars as required by your customer(s) and or manager.
- To maintain a professional image conducive to the culture and ethos of the Smeg brand.
- Any other sales orientated duties as requested by your manager.
Key Skills & competencies:
- Organisation and planning
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving & Negotiation
- Specialist knowledge in the Medical instrument business sector
- Ability to identify and demonstrate technology solutions for customer applications.
- Overall business and marketing awareness
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Minimum 3 GCSE’s Grade C or above including maths and English.
- Engineering or technical degree is desirable.
- Appropriate experience within this business sector is essential.
- Driving license (maximum 6 points).
Benefits and Package:
Normal working hours: Monday – Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm or 9.00 am to 5.30 pm*
*In this role the hours are flexible and will include out of hours working including occasional overnight stops and often early starts. You will be expected to attend trade shows and customer events as determined by your Director and general business demands.
- Pension contribution from employer 5% of salary.
- Income protection scheme.
- Death in service 4 x salary.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Staff discount on the purchase of Smeg products.
- Company car, phone, Laptop and or I-Pad.