1. This Site is owned by Smeg S.p.A (the "Company", “Smeg”, “we” or “us”) whose local registered office is at 3 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RN and our company registration number is 2365886. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when visiting our website and providing us with your personal information and this statement summarises what personal details we may collect from you before, during or after you use our Site and what we will do with them.
2. You can contact the Company via the postal address above or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep things simple, we have referred to the Company as "we" and "us" in the paragraphs that follow.
4. During your visit to Our Site, we will only collect personal information that you choose to provide, if for example you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the Site; enter a competition or prize draw; request us to provide you with further information; post information to a public area of the site or take advantage of a promotion.
5. We may use the information held about you in the following ways: - To notify you of any changes to our service. - To ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer. - Where you have consented to be contacted, to provide you with the information, productsand services requested from us or in the event that we feel will be of interest to you. - To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so. - In allowing ourselves to carry out our obligations concerning any contracts entered into between you and us.
6. We may also use your data to inform you and provide information on goods and services that may be of interest to you.
7. If you do not want your data used in this way please tick the relevant box on the form in which we collect your data.
8. We may also use your information to enhance your visit to our Site and to create a general demographic profile of visitors. However, once your session ends (approximately 20 minutes after leaving the site or upon closing all instances of your web browser), the data will only be used in a collated form and we will not be able to identify you personally from such data.
9. Telephone calls and e-mail correspondence with Smeg at the email addresses accessible through, or obtained from, this website may be recorded or monitored. By using these communication methods you are consenting to the recording and/or monitoring of your calls and emails.
10. We will endeavour to ensure that the personal information you submit to us is kept private and secure.
11. We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose the personal information you provide to us through the Site to third parties (other than our sister, parent, subsidiary or associated companies) unless we are required to do so by law or unless it is to those operating the Site on our behalf.
12. You are entitled to review and correct information that we hold on you, and in accordance with the Data Protection Act you can exercise the right to access any information we hold about you. Any request may be subject to a fee of £5 in order to meet our costs in providing any details of the information we may hold about you. Please contact us via the registered office address stated above or by email at email@example.com
13. If you wish us to remove your personal details from our marketing database at any time, please write to us at the registered office address stated above or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Sale and transfer - In the event of a sale, transfer, merger, change of control, consolidation, reorganization or liquidation of Smeg, We may sell, transfer or assign to third parties information you have provided to Us, including but not limited to personally identifiable information and other information concerning your relationship with Us.
15. Public areas - Any information you post on the public areas of the Site (e.g. chat rooms, bulletin boards) is accessible to and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You are advised to use caution when posting personal information about yourself in public areas of this Site.
16. Cookies - we may use "cookies" to help us recognise you on any return visits you make to our Site and to make any registration or other procedures easier for you. Cookies are small pieces of information, which will be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. The cookies used by us will not give us any personal details about you.
17. If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your browser please refer to the relevant help menu looking under cookies, privacy or security but note that in doing this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. For more information on cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
18. No data collected from children - Our Site is not directed at children and should not be accessed by them. We will not knowingly collect information from minors without their parent's or guardian's consent.
20. We may continue to retain your information due to technical and legal requirements, constraints related to security, integrity and operation of our Site or to resolve disputes.
21. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES: From time to time our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you visit any of these sites please note that they have their own privacy policies and you should check these before submitting any personal data. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.