Discover how to make our indulgent blackberry curd mieringue pie using our triple tested recipe below.
Main ingredients : pastry, blackberries
- 225g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 300g blackberries
- 10 medium eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- 30ml cassis
- 50g egg whites
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 tbsps water
- Place the butter and flour into the standmixer bowl.
- Using the beater attachment, on setting 3, rub together to create a crumb like consistency. Add the sugar.
- Finally mix in the eggs and enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Wrap in cling film and allow to rest for 30minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the blackberry curd. Place the blackberries and 100ml of water into a pan.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve, discarding the seeds. Return to the pan.
- Add 5 eggs and 5egg yolks, the sugar, butter and lemon juice.
- Cook over a low heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Allow to cool.
- Roll out the pastry, to the line the tin/miniature tins.
- Prick the base with a fork, and bake for 8minutes at 200°C.
- Whisk the egg whites, using the balloon whiskand setting 10 on the mixer.
- The egg whites should form stiff peaks. Place the caster sugar and water in a pan and heat until it achieves115°C - 118°C on a sugar thermometer.
- Slowly add in the sugar syrup to the egg whites,using setting 10 on the mixer.
- The meringue should be stiff and glossy in finish.
- Finally compile the meringue pies. Add the curd the base of the pastry cases and pipe onthe meringue.
- Finish off using a blowtorch ora grill. Alternatively, dust with edible glitter or coloured icing sugar.