- 6 large peaches
- 15 amaretti biscuits
- 25g blanched almonds
- 85g dark chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa solids), roughly broken
- 1large egg , beaten
- 2 tbsp honey – clear or set
- To serve
- 500g tub crème fraîche or mascarpone
- a little cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180oC on Circulaire.
- Halve and stone the peaches, then dig out a little flesh from the centre of each half, using a sharp-edged soup spoon. Put flesh and peaches to one side.
- Tip the amaretti, almonds and chocolate into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is like coarse gravel.
- Add the spooned-out peach flesh, egg and honey and whizz for just a second or two to combine – don't over-process.
- Spoon the stuffing into the peach halves, mounding it up a little. Arrange the peaches in a single layer in a heavy baking tin, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until the flesh is tender and the stuffing nicely browned.
- Serve hot, with a dollop of mascarpone or crème fraîche and a dusting of sifted cocoa powder.