- 1kg King Edward Potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g plain flour
- Drop the potatoes into a large pan of cold water. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, turn the heat to a simmer and allow the potatoes to cook for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and peel the skin. If the potato is too hot, use a tea towel to hold it whilst you peel.
- Once peeled, finely grate the potatoes, or push through a ricer, to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add two egg yolks and stir through the flour.
- On a floured work surface, very gently knead the dough until well combined. It is important to only knead it as much as it needs, to prevent creating tough gnocchi.
- Cut off 1/4 of the dough and ro into a thin sausage.
- Using a knife, slice into small 1-2cm cubes.
- The gnocchi can be left in this shape, or rolled down a fork to create ridges for holding sauce.
- Either boil the gnocchi until they float to the surface, or pan fry until golden.