- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 0.5 g saffron
- 400g risotto rice
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1.6l chicken stock
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- Chop the onion into quarters. Remove the skin from the garlic. Place both in a chopping bowl and blitz. Alternatively grate the onion and garlic.
- Bring the stock up to a simmer, using a medium heat.
- Melt the butter and olive oil, in a wide based pan on a medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion, without adding colour, until all of the liquor is extracted. Add the saffron and stir.
- Pour the rice into the pan, and coat with the onion, garlic and saffron mix. The rice should start to go translucent in appearance.
- Pour over a glass on white wine, and reduce until the acidic smell from the wine disappears.
- Add as much stock as it takes to cover the rice, and stir. Keep adding the stock and keep stirring until all of the stock is used up. The rice should be al dente to bite the consistency like waves.
- Turn the heat off and place dots of butter, and grated Parmesan over the top. Allow to melt before stirring through.
- Serve in a warm dish and grate over some Parmesan to serve.